Our Lady of the Holy Rosary
July 2, 1949
First mass in the chapel.
July 13, 1949
Blessing of the chapel by His Excellency Mgr Papineau, Bishop of Joliette. Presentation of the parish priest: Father Albéric Lalande. The chapel is dedicated to Mary, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
August 31, 1950
Arrival of the first parish priest, Father Lalande. He will live for a year on Brompton Street, with Mr. Théberge.
May 28, 1951
Construction of the presbytery begins.
The priest moves into the presbytery.
April 26, 1952
First pastoral visit to the parish by our bishop.
Purchase of land from M Raoul Chartrand for a cemetery.
Floor finishing. Contribution of the Ladies's League.
The pews of the church are installed.
Construction of the bell tower above the sacristy.
Blessing of the bells to be done in June 1964.
Removal of the bell tower following water infiltration which damaged the ceiling of the sacristy.
July 10, 2018
The bells were all restored by Rinox, owned by Horacio & Rosa Correira,
as well as their valuable partners:
Mr. François Pelletier, Maison du Verre
Mr. Pascal St-Jacques, carpenter
Mr. Jamie Péloquin, master masonry
Mr. Marc Fortin
Mm. Lee & Richard Dulgar (Leeroc bricks & stones)
The background image of this page shows the new layout.
Aug 13, 2018
Landscaping around the bells by Sarah Veillette, Sabbatino
October 6, 2019
Blessing of the bells at their new location by Father Éric Généreux.
Informations on the bells
The bells of Catholic churches are baptized, they have a name and also have godfathers and godmothers. Here is this information for our bells:
The biggest of the bells is called Eugene. The other names inscribed are Pius XII and Chanoine W. Caillé, parish priest of Mascouche. His godfather and godmother are Mr. W. Bohémier, mayor of Mascouche and his wife. This bell was cast in 1964, produced the Sol note and weighs 1310 lbs or 594 kg.
There is an image of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary on the bell. The names of the members of the Syndic-Trustees (1949-1950) are also written:
Cornelius E. Coughlin
Duncan J. Stuart
J. Alfred Tessier
The second bell is called Mary-Paul. The other names on the bell are Paul IV, Édouard (apostolic administrator of the Diocese of Joliette), Alberic Lalande, parish priest. His godfather and godmother are Mr. Herbert Murphy and his wife Veronica Paterson. She was cast in 1964, and produces the Do note. It weighs 580lbs or 263kg.
There is a statue of Saint Anne on the bell. There is the list of members of the Bells Committee: Herbert Murphy, president, Frank Cicos, Wilfred Henderson, Howard Patterson, churchwardens. June 1964.
The third bell is called John-Cornelius-Patrick. His godfather and godmother are M. C.E. Coughlin and his wife Valeria. She was also cast in 1964. She produces MI sound and weighs 370lbs or 168kg .
There is the statue of St-Patrick and St-Jean Baptiste. There is a memorial to the first churchwardens of May 1951: C.E. Coughlin, Kevin O'Connor, Patrick Murphy, James McCune, John Théberge, Paul Locas, Thomas Clune, Raymund Wilkinson. It is also written there: First new school - Garden Road - 1952 and Sisters of St. Ann: 1955.
The fourth bell is called Marie-Alice. His godfather is Mr J.A. Latreille-Lalande and his godmother Miss Annette Lalande-Latreille. She was cast in 1964. She produces the RE note and weighs 390 lbs or 176 kg.
She is "In memory of Alice Lalande-Latreille on a mission in Congo, who died accidentally with Dag Hammarskjold, Secretary-General of the UN, and 14 companions in Ndola (Northern Rhodesia), on September 17, 1961." The bell is a gift from her family.